Environmental Engineering Department Manager Wanted
Aztech Environmental Technologies (Aztech) is a growing, innovative and cutting edge environmental firm seeking a motivated and well-organized Engineering Department Manager to lead our Environmental Remediation Design group.
Aztech is a full service environmental consulting, design, contracting and drilling company located in the Capital District area of New York State. We provide environmental project management and a variety of environmental services to commercial, industrial and governmental agencies as well as support services to major engineering companies.
The Environmental Remediation Design group supports and works closely with our Geological Services and Field Services groups to design and implement site-specific remedial approaches that address environmental concerns under a variety of site conditions. Our typical remedial projects include in-situ soil and groundwater remediation (including chemical and/or microbial treatment, groundwater extraction and treatment, soil vapor extraction, air sparging), and mitigation of soil vapor intrusion issues. We frequently self-perform soil excavation projects. We also provide environmental and geotechnical drilling services to our clients. Our projects are located primarily throughout New York State with additional projects in Vermont, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.
We are seeking an Engineering Department Manager who will be responsible for the following:
- Leading the Environmental Remediation Design group on project delegation and coordinating group efforts.
- Assuming and maintaining relationships with our current clients.
- Assisting in developing and supporting relationships with potential clients.
- Managing professional and field staff.
- Managing the full life cycle of a project (including development of a conceptual remedial design, estimating, final remedial design, construction, start-up, operation and maintenance).
- Maintaining job costs/budget and profitability.
- Task scheduling.
- Identifying project and staffing needs.
- Sourcing equipment.
Requirements for the successful candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Environmental Engineering.
- 8-10 years of clearly demonstrated experience in site remediation engineering, staff management and job costing/profitability.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Possess self-discipline, self-motivation and the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is desired.
- Active PE in New York State is not required, but is a plus.
- Full time salary position.
- Limited travel.
- Requires completion of OSHA 10 and OSHA 40 hour health and safety training.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and includes benefits and opportunity for profit sharing.
- Aztech offers a casual, friendly, fun, and hard working environment in central Saratoga County in upstate New York.
- Relocation candidates will be considered.
- Aztech is an equal opportunity employer.
If you possess the skill set that meets our requirements for a Engineering Department Manager and wish to be considered for the position, please send your resume and salary requirements in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.